Cheap Car Rental across USA
Roadsafe / Roadside Plus.
All US/Canada rentals booked through cheap-car-rental.com include any
mechanical assistance necessary to sort out any mechanical problems
encountered with the car provided by the car rental
Items NOT included in the rental price are:
- Flat Battery caused by leaving the lights on. (Covered if faulty battery)
- Tyre replacement (e.g. if damaged by hitting the curb. Covered if worn)
- Key replacement if you lose or damage the key
- Roadside assistance if you lock yourself out of the car
- Broken windows or windscreen
- Damage caused by putting the wrong fuel type in the car (e.g.
putting diesel in a petrol car)
- Damage to underside of vehicle if you are found to be driving 'off-road' which is not permitted
- Damage to the roof of the car if you place goods on the roof or drive under a low barrier etc.
- Damage to the interior (caused by spilling drinks, cigarette burns in seats etc)
Both Alamo and Dollar have an extra insurance and which cover some of the
above, items which will take a time to sort out and can really spoil
your holiday/arrangements if they should happen. It is your choice
but it will cost about £7 a day extra. You will be asked if you require this cover
and be given full details if you ask, when the rental agreement is being
completed at the car rental desk. Do not to initial acceptance if
you do not require this cover as refunds can not be obtained later.
Dollar's "Roadsafe" includes:
If you get into an accident, we will pay to tow your vehicle to the nearest rental facility -- no matter how far that is. Just call our Roadside Assistance toll-free number. We will give you an accurate estimate of how long it will take. In many cases, this will include a replacement car towed to your destination.
You lock the door and close it, only to realize the keys are still in the car. It's a terrible feeling, but it doesn't have to be a disaster. Call our 24/7 Roadside Assistance toll-free number. Whether the key is lost, broken, or locked inside, we'll dispatch an expert immediately to help you gain entry and get back on your way.
Flat Tire Service
Whether you have a blowout or hit a curb, realizing you have a flat tire can be a high-stress situation. Our roadside assistance staff will send someone quickly to install your spare tire.
Out of gas? You're not out of luck with our roadside assistance. Don't hesitate to call and we'll deliver two gallons of fuel wherever you are, night or day. We'll get you to the nearest gas station so that you can fill up and be back on the road in no time.
If your car won't start, dial our toll-free number. We'll send someone over to get your vehicle started quickly.
The following are included Alamo's
- Key replacement: replacement keys or a locksmith will be sent
- Glass replacement: if the glass is damaged through no fault of the renter (or authorized driver), the glass will be replaced
- Flat Tire: if the vehicles spare tire is installed and serviceable, it will be installed to replace a flat tire. If no inflated spare tire is available, the vehicle will be towed in accordance with the towing provision.
- Tire Replacement: If the vehicles tire is damaged, the tire will be repaired or replaced at no additional charge.
- Towing: Towing charges will be covered at no additional cost should the vehicle be inoperable.
- Jump start: A battery boost will be provided in an attempt to start the vehicle.
- Lockout service: If the keys are locked inside the vehicle, service will be sent to gain entrance.
- Fuel delivery: A limited supply of gasoline will be delivered to the vehicle to enable you to reach the nearest open service station. (Up to three gallons or equivalent liters).
In both cases cover is void and of no effect if, at the time of the incident necessitating roadside assistance, the renter (or an Authorized Driver) were in violation of the rental agreement, including, without limitation, the Prohibited Uses and Violations set forth therein. In such cases, roadside assistance
may be available, but standard charges may apply.
Cheap Car Rental across USA
Last edited 08 February 2014