Terms and Conditions
When collecting your car you will need to show:
A full, clean driving licence written in Western (Latin) characters. (Obtain an International driving licence if your licence is Chinese, Arabic or other non Western characters)
Your car hire voucher
A credit card. This usually has to be a Visa, Mastercard or AMEX card. A debit card or cash is acceptable at some locations but not all.
You will need to sign a rental agreement. Although our rates are fully inclusive of taxes insurance and surcharges there can be local charges such as child seats, one way fees, personal accident insurance, car upgrade, petrol, enhanced roadside assistance or anything else you agree with the car rental company. You must agree and sign for any such items on collection of the car, as part of the contract rental. It is your responsibility to check the paperwork supplied before you sign the contract as any extras you sign for cannot be subsequently refunded. If you see any charges on the paperwork that you have not agreed to then ask a staff member to remove the charge. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CLAIM A REFUND FOR ITEMS/INSURANCE/UPGRADES SIGNED FOR BY ACCIDENT. Please take a moment to ensure that you fully understand the agreement before you sign it.
Before driving off
Before driving off check the condition of the car condition carefully. Check for dents and scratches to the exterior. Check the condition of tyres. Check the underside. Check the interior seats, carpet, door panels. If you see any damage report it to the car hire company and see that they note the faults on your contract before you drive off, otherwise you might have to pay for the repair of the damage when you return the vehicle.
Terms and conditions applied to Canadian rentals commencing between1st
April 2009 and 31st March 2010 For
rentals before 1 April 2009 please click here.
Any rates shown are Canadian Dollars
ADDITIONAL TAXES/FEES/SURCHARGES MAY BE IMPOSED BY CANADIAN AUTHORITIES OR INCREASES IN FUEL MAY OCCUR DURING THE COURSE OF THIS CONTRACT PERIOD, IN WHICH CASE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT, WITHOUT NOTICE, EITHER TO CHARGE THE CUSTOMER, AT THE TIME OF RENTAL OR THEREAFTER, FOR THE AMOUNT OF ANY ADDITIONAL OR INCREASED TAXES, FEES, SURCHARGES OR INCREASED FUEL COSTS INCURRED SUBSEQUENT TO ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, OR TO INCREASE CUSTOMER'S TAXES, FEES, SURCHARGES OR FUEL INCLUSIVE RATES BY AN AMOUNT EQUIVALENT TO THE ADDITIONAL OR INCREASED TAX, FEE, SURCHARGE OR FUEL COST SUBSEQUENT TO ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
- Bookings are made by cheap-car-rental.com and cars will
be provided by Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
- Minimum length of rental is 1 day (minimum Platinum - 5 days). Maximum days per rental agreement is 28 days (rental agreement must be renewed after 28 days)
- Unlimited mileage applicable to travel within Canada and US for rentals at
Dollar corporate locations and within Canada only for Dollar licensee locations.
- Minimum driver's age is 21 years. A supplemental charge will be imposed for any driver between 21 and 24 years of
age (see below).
- Rates include CDN $1 Million liability coverage which is primary in all provinces with the exception of Ontario where it is secondary.
- Renter must present a valid driver's license from
country of residence.
- Renter must present a major credit card
in the same name as that of the primary driver, for security deposit and excess charges including,
but not limited to, taxes on incidentals, additional taxes/fees/surcharges if applicable, drop fees, refueling, underage and/or additional driver surcharges, optional coverage and any other extras which are not prepaid. Debit cards and cheque cards are not acceptable.
- Refunds will not apply for any unused portion of tour voucher.
- Clients wishing to extend their rental period once rental has commenced will be subject to
prevailing local rates.
- Rates do not include refueling service charge, one way service fees charges for fines, traffic or parking violations, toll roads, airport access fees, additional taxes/fees/surcharges'
- One-way rentals must be requested at time of reservation, listed on the rental agreement and are on a request and confirmation basis. For a list of drop charges, see below.
- All car groups subject to availability, a specific model of vehicle cannot be guaranteed.
- Should the car group reserved not be available at time of pick up, client will be upgraded to the next available car group at no additional cost.
The client acknowledges that in making a booking with Cheap-Car-Rental.com
it does so only on the basis of the material contained in this
All other statements or representations made by Cheap-Car-Rental.com,
its employees, or agents are of no effect unless confirmed by Cheap-Car-Rental.com
to the client in writing.
Cheap-Car-Rental.com act as a broker for the hire companies and a
contract will be taken with the car hire company supplying the car.
Clients will then be subject to the terms and conditions of that
contract and the laws of the country where the rental has taken place.
Cheap-Car-Rental.com accepts no responsibility for and shall not be
liable in respect of any loss, damage, alterations, delays or changes
arising from civil strife, industrial dispute, including air traffic
control disputes, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disaster, fire
or adverse weather conditions, unavoidable technical problems with
transport, closure or congestion of airports or ports, cancellation of
scheduled airlines and financial failure of airlines.
Cheap-Car-Rental.com and the car hire supplier reserves the right to
levy any government increase in tax or change in law, which results in
additional cost after the confirmation in the reservation.
Cheap-Car-Rental.com's liability to the client for any loss, damage,
injury or accident what so ever, whether arising out of negligence,
breach of contract, or any other cause shall not exceed twice the
invoiced price of rental of the vehicle concerned provided that nothing
in this clause shall limit Cheap-Car-Rental.coms liability for death or
personal injury caused by its negligence.
Cheap-Car-Rental.com will not be held responsible for anyone driving
under the influence of alcohol/drugs, causing willful damage, off road
driving or driving without due care and attention. The client will
indemnify Cheap-Car-Rental.com against this in respect of such claims.